Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners throughout the region as a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are an affiliate of the Auto-Owners Insurance Company, an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty mutual insurer with over 100 years of history delivering outstanding customer service and exclusive commitment to Independent Insurance Agents. This position is located in Westborough, MA.
This position involves the investigation, evaluation and settlement of assigned claims involving Physical Damage claims and other related features.
- Take loss reports directly from insureds and/or claimants and/or their representatives
- Assist with handling of miscellaneous phone calls coming into the office
- Appropriately handle incoming correspondence on assigned claim files
- Investigate assigned claims - confirm coverage - verify damages - determine liability
- Evaluate and settle assigned claims based upon the results of the investigation
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor including but not limited to providing assistance during CATs or other unusual spikes in claim volume
Qualifications and Skills:
- Multi-line adjuster's license as required in our operating territories or ability to obtain licenses
- 3 years of experience handling Physical Damage Claims
- Commercial Lines experience a plus
- College degree preferred
- Excellent understanding and skill level of claim handling and customer service
- Ability to meetin continuing education requirements for licensing purposes
- Knowledge of policy contracts, insurance laws, regulations, and the legal environment in which we operate
- Proficient in PC Windows environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.