Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners throughout the region as a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are an affiliate of the Auto-Owners Insurance Company, an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty mutual insurer with over 100 years of history delivering outstanding customer service and exclusive commitment to Independent Insurance Agents. We are seeking a dynamic insurance professional with personal and commercial lines experience to join our team of underwriting professionals. This position will be located out of our office in Westborough, Massachusetts.
The Underwriting Associate is responsible for preliminary review of all lines of Personal Lines business and effectively verifying that business is issued in accordance with the established underwriting guidelines. Submit appropriate referral risks and provide assistance to Underwriters. Provide assistance and address specific needs of agency staff regarding company policies, procedures and system training issues.
- Preliminary review and limited approval, within guidelines/authority levels, of new business applications, renewals, maintenance underwriting, changes, correspondence, policy reports, (Claim Registers – MVR’s) pending, and follow up.
- Review and evaluate rating accuracy and coverage acceptability of all lines of business. Strong working knowledge of manual rules and policy conditions and endorsements.
- Provide technical/rating assistance and support to agency staff in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts. Travel as required for agency training.
- Contribute in a team setting including Underwriter assistance and support.
- Maintains department work standards for quality and quantity with an emphasis on attention to detail. Ability to handle a variety of tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or other post-secondary education required
- 1-2 years of insurance experience desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a PC environment with Microsoft Office and other software products
- Average to above average mathematical and analytical skills
- Must be able to fulfill basic duties with minimal supervision
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.