Since 1928, The Concord Group Insurance Companies has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners throughout the New England region. The Concord Group is a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are an affiliate of the Auto-Owners Insurance Company, an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty mutual insurer with over 100 years of history, delivering outstanding customer service and exclusive commitment to Independent Insurance Agents.
Responsible for the management and leadership of all corporate Human Resources functions including recruitment, employee relations, retention, compliance with federal and multiple state regulations and laws, compensation and benefits, workplace safety and health, records management, and creation of employee policies and procedures.
- Manage all corporate functions and operations of the Human Resources Department.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and multiple state regulations related to employment and benefits such as FLSA, EEOC, ERISA, OSHA, and FMLA.
- Develop and maintain various employee welfare activities.
- Develop recruitment strategies to identify talent within and outside the corporation for all job levels.
- Oversee the management of the human resources information system.
- Manage employee recruitment, retention and onboarding programs.
- Develop and implement corporate training and development programs.
- Participate in compensation surveys and advise on current trends.
- Negotiate and implement cost effective benefit programs that ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Provide performance management guidance leadership.
- Administration of company’s wage and salary program.
- Represent the company in workers’ compensation claims, unemployment claims and litigation.
- Counsel, coach and advise the Leadership Team and management in areas of employment law, company policies, disciplinary actions, Performance Improvement Plans and employee motivation.
- Conduct and manage fact finding investigations concerning matters related to potential violations of the law, organizational policy, non-compliance, unethical behavior and misconduct.
- Review all performance evaluations to mitigate liability and review wage recommendations.
- Monitor company safety policies and communicate closely with facilities management.
- Responsible for compliance with multiple state workers compensation laws.
- Develop, apply and communicate corporate policies with objectivity and consistency. Ensure proper compliance is followed.
- Develop and implement performance management strategy.
- Support Company expansion efforts by recruiting, ensuring compliance and updating policies as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field; SHRM-CP or SCP preferred.
- 7 Years of progressive Human Resources and supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and communication skills to successfully engage with all levels within an organization.
- A passion for problem solving with a high level of collaboration.
- Exceptional interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Must be proficient with HR technology including HRIS. Computer efficiency with emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrates sound judgement, discretion and high integrity. Ability to navigate ambiguous/complex and sensitive issues at all levels within an organization.
- Excellent knowledge and the ability to interpret federal and state regulations.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other HR programs.
- Outstanding organization skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations.
- Familiarity with the mutual insurance company culture is a plus.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.