Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners throughout the region as a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are an affiliate of the Auto-Owners Insurance Company, an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty mutual insurer with over 100 years of history delivering outstanding customer service and exclusive commitment to Independent Insurance Agents. This position will be located in our office in Westborough, Massachusetts.
The Underwriting Assistant is responsible for preliminary review of all lines of commercial business and effectively verifying that business is issued in accordance with the established underwriting guidelines. Submit appropriate referral risks and provide assistance to Underwriters.
- Preliminary review and limited approval of new business, renewals, inspections, mail and follow up for all lines of business.
- Provide underwriting assistance and support for our Massachusetts agents.
- Work closely with one or more underwriters to assist with the underwriting functions for a block of agents.
- Incidental travel may be required <1% of the time.
- Quote and issue new business and process endorsements.
- Other duties as requested.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Proficiency in commercial lines such as BOP, Auto, Contractors, Garage and Dealers.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.