Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners throughout the region as a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are an affiliate of the Auto-Owners Insurance Company, an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty mutual insurer with over 100 years of history delivering outstanding customer service and exclusive commitment to Independent Insurance Agents.
This position involves the inspection and evaluation of damages to autos.
- Inspect autos, photograph damages and write appraisals as assigned
- Review estimates and write desk reviews as assigned
- Handle supplements for hidden damage and/or parts price increases
- Provide an estimated salvage value on Total Loss vehicles
- Assist Adjusters with problem physical damage claims
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in writing auto appraisals
- Massachusetts Appraiser's license required
- Knowledge of auto body repairs and auto mechanics
- I-CAR or ASE Certification a plus
- Familiarity with CCC estimating system
- College degree preferred
- Excellent understanding and skill level of claim handling and customer service
- Ability to meet continuing education requirements for licensing purposes
- Proficient in PC Windows environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.