Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners throughout the region as a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are an affiliate of the Auto-Owners Insurance Company, an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty mutual insurer with over 100 years of history delivering outstanding customer service and exclusive commitment to Independent Insurance Agents. We are seeking a dynamic insurance professional with personal lines experience to join our team of underwriting professionals. This position will be located out of our office in Westborough, Massachusetts.
With the goals of selecting and retaining profitable business and maintaining productive relationships with an assigned group of agents, a personal lines underwriter will accept, reject, or modify policy coverages for new business submissions, renewal policies, and change requests.
- Review and analyze risk characteristics on New Business, Endorsements and Selected Renewals.
- Work within underwriting guidelines, department standards and approval levels to accept, reject, or modify policy coverage.
- Effectively communicate our underwriting guidelines, underwriting decisions to agents, insured’s, co-workers, and regulators.
- Adequately document/enter relevant insurance transaction information.
- Develop or modify policy wording as appropriate.
- Develop and confirm policy rating as needed.
- Provide input to management regarding local underwriting of personal lines business.
- Perform assigned agency reviews to evaluate performance and recommend corrective action.
- Train and mentor new Personal Lines Underwriters and recent hires.
- Provide problem solving assistance to Personal Lines Underwriter I.
- Travel as required for agency visits and industry meetings. Overnight travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or other post-secondary education required
- 3-5 Years of Underwriter experience or skills required
- Holding or pursuing industry licenses, designations, and certificates is desirable
- Knowledge of Personal Lines policy contracts, insurance laws and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a PC environment with Microsoft Office and other software products
- Effective negotiating and presentation skills
- Average to above average mathematical and analytical skills
- Must be able to fulfill basic duties with minimal supervision
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.