Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners. We are a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine and Vermont and take great pride in our delivery of excellent customer service to our clients.
Effectively implement the Commercial Lines underwriting criteria in order to accomplish the goals of selecting and retaining profitable business and maintaining productive relationships with agents. The Commercial Lines Underwriter will accept, reject, or modify policy coverages for renewal policies, and change requests.
- Review and analyze various risk characteristics developed from small to medium commercial risks.
- Work within underwriting guidelines, department standards and approval levels to accept, reject, or modify policy coverages for new business submissions, renewal policies, and change requests.
- Conduct agency visitations to strengthen relationships, achieve continual awareness of underwriting positions and expectations, and identify opportunities to enhance the selection-submission-underwriting process. Overnight travel may be required.
- Effectively communicate our underwriting guidelines, positive and negative underwriting decisions, and other related matters orally and in writing to agents, insureds and co-workers.
- Adequately document/enter relevant insurance transaction information.
- Develop or modify policy wording as appropriate.
- Work with countrywide, statewide, and company rating manuals to develop and confirm policy rating as needed.
- Provide input to management regarding local underwriting of commercial business based on the insurance conditions of the territory and make suggestions that would effectively change the marketplace.
- Perform assigned agency reviews to evaluate performance and recommend corrective action, including agency visitations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or other post-secondary education required
- 3-5 years P&C underwriting experience specific to Commercial Lines
- Holding or pursuing industry designations, and certificates is desirable
- Excellent telephone skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a PC environment with Microsoft Office and other software products
- Strong analytical skills
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.