Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners throughout the region as a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are an affiliate of the Auto-Owners Insurance Company, an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty mutual insurer with over 100 years of history delivering outstanding customer service and exclusive commitment to Independent Insurance Agents. This position will be located in our office in Auburn, Maine.
This position will have ownership and accountability for the complete claims adjusting cycle in accordance with Business Unit and Company procedures.
- Loss Reporting
- Initial Claim Handling
- Investigate assigned claims - confirm coverage - verify damages
- Recommend and maintain appropriate claim file reserves
- Evaluate, negotiate and settle claims
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor inclduing but not limited to providing assistance during CATs or other unusual spikes in claim volume
- Attendance of depositions and trials
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in adjusting bodily injury/general liability claims
- Candidate will possess Adjuster’s License in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont or the ability to obtain those licenses
- Commercial Lines experience a plus
- College degree preferred
- Excellent understanding and skill level of claim handling and customer service
- Knowledge of policy contracts, insurance laws, regulations, and the legal environment in which we operate
- Proficient in PC Windows environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and organizational skills
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.