Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners throughout the region as a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are an affiliate of the Auto-Owners Insurance Company, an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty mutual insurer with over 100 years of history delivering outstanding customer service and exclusive commitment to Independent Insurance Agents. This position is located in our Claims Office in Berlin, Vermont.
Responsibilities include ownership and accountability for the complete claims adjusting cycle in accordance with the business unit and company procedures for assigned claims. The Property Adjuster processes claims involving property damage under personal and commercial lines insurance policies. The Property Adjuster ensures that claim assignments are completed in accordance with company best practices and state insurance regulations.
- Handling claims involving losses under Personal and Commercial policies
- Coverage and damage Investigation
- Evaluation- setting and recommending reserves
- Negotiation and settlement of claims
- File administration
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 or more years of experience in adjusting Personal and Commercial Property claims
- College degree preferred
- Maine, VT and NH Property and Casualty adjusters’ license or ability to obtain in all 3 states
- Ability to meet continuing education requirements for licensing purposes
- Excellent understanding of claim handling and customer service.
- Knowledge of policy contracts, insurance laws, regulations, the legal environment and procedures
- Knowledge of building construction methods/ techniques, state building codes and damage appraisal
- Proficient in Microsoft office. Experience with Xactimate software preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal negotiation, and organizational skills
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.