Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners throughout the region as a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. We are an affiliate of the Auto-Owners Insurance Company, an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty mutual insurer with over 100 years of history delivering outstanding customer service and exclusive commitment to Independent Insurance Agents.
This is a leadership position that will oversee the day to day Personal Lines Underwriting operations by directing team operations, mentoring staff, communicating underwriting vision and objectives, leading product development, developing policies and procedures that support department goals, and assuring risk tolerance aligns with a strategy for profitable growth.
- Create and implement profitable underwriting strategies in collaboration with other departments. Manage and administer policies, procedures and practices to drive profitable growth and produce the highest profit and lowest loss/expense ratios.
- Select, train and develop an effective high performing team. Manage and mentor staff to ensure that profitability, growth, agency service, and underwriting quality objectives are met.
- Manage and execute daily business objectives with reference to budget, customer service, profitability, production and business plan objectives.
- Expand products and programs, including the integration of affiliate company products and programs.
- Work with the Marketing Department to maintain disciplined, productive, and profitable relationships with agents. Deliver a consistent message to agents of the company’s commitment to service and the value of doing business with the company.
- Develop strong relationships with our Independent Agency Partners.
- Develop effective, collaborative relationships with internal partners, including the Claims, Marketing, Actuarial, and IS Departments and our affiliated company partner.
- Partner with Claims on identifying negative trends and desirability of risks.
- Oversight of regulatory and marketplace changes which impact coverage, pricing or policy processing procedures, including monitoring and evaluating the impact of ISO activity.
- Remain current with regulatory rulings, industry trends and legal developments.
- Ensures that underwriting practices and guidelines are understood and adhered to specifically focusing on price, risk selection and mix of business.
- 8-10 years of property and casualty insurance experience.
- 5 years of demonstrated management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and CPCU or other advance insurance education.
- Detailed knowledge of personal lines products, underwriting strategies, procedures and best practices.
- Experience with personal lines product development, pricing strategies and competitive analysis. Demonstrated record of producing profitable growth.
- Experience with insurance policy management systems to assist with new product development and process improvement initiatives.
- Proficiency in data management, including the utilization of market and underwriting data.
- Skilled communicator; adept at creating strong, productive agency relationships and providing motivation and leadership to underwriting team.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.