Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners. We are a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine and Vermont and take great pride in our delivery of excellent customer service to our clients.
This dynamic program provides instruction in a variety of insurance claims handling processes. During the multiple phases of the program, you will develop skills to efficiently manage a diversity of policyholder and third party claims involving property and casualty insurance.
This is an entry-level position and the first step toward becoming a licensed claims adjuster. As a trainee, you will take part in instructor –led classes as well as on-the-job training to help you develop a working knowledge of claims handling techniques, practices and procedures. Upon completion of the program, you can expect to:
- Review policy coverages and claim documentation in accordance with company guidelines and standards to determine if coverages apply.
- Participate in the settlement of claims within prescribed limits in the most cost-effective manner and ensure timely issuance of disbursements.
- Learn about and participate in claims resolution activities that may include setting reserves, performing investigations and completing damage assessments.
- Develop claim file reports and become proficient in our claims system.
- Interact with claim personnel on issues related to claim handling.
- Participate in field visits to agent and broker offices.
- Gain an understanding of assessments related to risk exposure and control.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred.
- Strong desire to develop knowledge and understanding of claim practices.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to develop positive business relationships.
- Strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems, learn rapidly and adapt to change.
- Ability to work independently and multitask.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.