Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners. We are a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine and Vermont and take great pride in our delivery of excellent customer service to our clients. The Concord Group Insurance Company is currently looking for a Bodily Injury/General Liability Adjuster in our Barre-Montpelier, Vermont office to be responsible for the adjustment of assigned claims in accordance with procedures and rules such that the claims production and quality performance goals of the Claims Department and Company are achieved. Work from home a possibility and will be considered for the right situation.
This position will have ownership and accountability for the complete claims adjusting cycle in accordance with Business Unit and Company procedures.
- Loss Reporting
- Initial Claim Handling
- Investigate assigned claims - confirm coverage - verify damages
- Evaluate. setting and recommending reserves
- Negotiation and settlement of claims
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor inclduing but not limited to providing assistance during CATs or other unusual spikes in claim volume
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in adjusting bodily injury/general liability claims
- VT and NH Property & Casualty adjusters license or the ability to obtain in all operating states
- Ability to meet continuing education requirements for licensing purposes
- Commercial Lines experience a plus
- College degree preferred
- Excellent understanding and skill level of claim handling and customer service
- Knowledge of policy contracts, insurance laws, regulations, and the legal environment in which we operate
- Proficient in PC Windows environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and organizational skills
- Work from home a possibility and will be considered for the right situation
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.