Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners. We are a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine and Vermont and take great pride in our delivery of excellent customer service to our clients.
Responsible for the overall supervision of the Accounting Department and provide technical support to the financial reporting process including, but not limited to, investment accounting, preparation of accruals, and preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Direct and coordinate the work of all accounting associates in all aspects of accounting.
- Supervision, coaching, and career development of all accounting associates.
- Prepare and deliver performance evaluations.
- Prepare financial reports and provide written analysis.
- Support independent auditors and state examiners.
- Oversee the investment accounting process, including, but not limited to, working closely with investment managers, banks, and management, along with the research and implementation of regulatory changes.
- Provide support for various accounting functions and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Management, with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience preferred.
- 2 years of demonstrated supervisory experience with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Excel as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply sound judgement and reasoning skills.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.