Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners. We are a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine and Vermont and take great pride in our delivery of excellent customer service to our clients. This position is located in our office in Auburn Maine.
This position involves the investigation, evaluation and settlement of assigned claims involving 1st Party Property Damage claims.
- Take loss reports directly from insureds and/or claimants and/or their representatives
- Assist with handling of miscellaneous phone calls coming into the office
- Appropriately handle incoming correspondence on assigned claim files
- Investigate assigned claims - confirm coverage - verify damages
- Evaluate and settle assigned claims based upon the results of the investigation
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor including but not limited to providing assistance during CATs or other unusual spikes in claim volume
Qualifications and Skills:
- Multi-line adjuster's license as required in our operating territories
- 3 - 5 years of experience handling Property Claims
- Commercial Lines experience a plus
- College degree preferred
- Excellent understanding and skill level of claim handling and customer service
- Ability to meetin continuing education requirements for licensing purposes
- Knowledge of policy contracts, insurance laws, regulations, and the legal environment in which we operate
- Proficient in PC Windows environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Outside/Field Adjusters - ability to view damages and prepare estimates based on their inspection of the damaged property
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.