Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners. We are a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine and Vermont and take great pride in our delivery of excellent customer service to our clients.
The Project Manager serves as management's counsel in communicating the progress of IS project activities, to monitor delivery status and cost expenditures. The Project Manager will schedule, coordinate, and facilitate appropriate project planning meetings; as well as prepare and maintain applicable project documentation, relevant to our Software Development Methodology.
- Assist the organization in the implementation of new projects. For those projects using Agile methodologies, this includes acting as ScrumMaster which includes coaching and training (as needed) for the staff involved.
- Provide regular updates and reports to IS Management; including but not limited to project status updates and burn down charts.
- Facilitate conflict/issue resolution throughout the project lifecycle to ensure sprint dates are met.
- Schedule and facilitate the following SCRUM meetings for Agile projects: daily standup meetings, sprint planning meetings, sprint retrospective meetings and sprint review and demo meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a technical discipline supplemented by college level course work in Information Technology, Computer Science, or closely related technical field.
- Three years of experience in the assigned area of responsibility, including previous work in a financial service industry.
- ScrumMaster Certification (CSM) desired but not required.
- Property & Casualty Insurance experience desired but not required.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS) desired but not required.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project management experience, planning and analysis skills. Knowledge of project management techniques, tools and reports with demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of various business application systems, hardware and familiar with current programming technologies.
- Understanding of Windows, Microsoft Office suite of products, current internet browsers, e-mail and business applications in a networked environment.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with non-technical personnel, as well as professional Information Technology staff. Must possess analytical skills, good oral and written communication skills, and good telephone technique, be a quick learner, self-motivated, patient, and able to work in stressful situations, and at times, be available to work flexible hours. Initiative, creativity and sound decision-making skills are required.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.