Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners. We are a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine and Vermont and take great pride in our delivery of excellent customer service to our clients. We are pleased to announce that we are now affiliated with Auto-Owners Insurance Company. Auto-Owners Insurance Company is a well-established mutual insurer with a long history of outstanding customer service and is an A.M. Best A++ rated multi-line property and casualty insurer. We are excited about the future with Auto-Owners Insurance Company as the affiliation will allow us to expand our commercial lines product offering, grow our workforce, improve operating efficiencies and strengthen agency relationships. We are looking for a Vice President of Commercial Lines Underwriting to be a part of this exciting opportunity.
This is a leadership position that will oversee the day to day Commercial Lines Underwriting operations by directing team operations, mentoring staff, communicating underwriting vision and objectives leading product development, develop policies and procedures that support department goals, and assuring risk tolerance aligns with a strategy for profitable growth.
- Spearhead an aggressive plan to grow and expand commercial lines. Identify target markets and opportunities. Develop new products and programs, including the integration of affiliate company products and programs.
- Establish underwriting guidelines and assure accurate classification and pricing.
- Train and develop underwriting personnel. Manage and mentor underwriters to ensure that profitability, growth, agency service, and underwriting file quality objectives are met.
- Work with the Marketing Department to maintain disciplined, productive, and profitable relationships with agents. Deliver a consistent message to agents of the company’s commitment to service and the value of doing business with the company.
- Develop effective, collaborative relationships with internal partners, including the Claims, Marketing, Actuarial, and IS Departments and external partners, such as reinsurers, service vendors, and our affiliated company partner.
- Oversight of regulatory and marketplace changes which impact coverage, pricing or policy processing procedures, including monitoring and evaluating the impact of ISO activity.
- 8-10 years of property and casualty insurance experience, including management.
- Bachelor’s degree and CPCU or other advance insurance education.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial lines products, underwriting strategies, procedures and best practices.
- Experience with commercial lines product development and pricing strategies. Demonstrated record of producing profitable growth and highly motivated to grow commercial product line.
- Experience with insurance policy management systems to assist with new product development and process improvement initiatives.
- Proficiency in data management, including the utilization of market and underwriting data.
- Skilled communicator; adept at creating strong, productive agency relationships and providing motivation and leadership to underwriting team.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.