Since 1928 The Concord Group Insurance Company has been protecting the interests of residents and business owners. We are a well-established Property and Casualty Mutual Insurance Company located in Central New Hampshire with offices in Maine and Vermont and take great pride in our delivery of excellent customer service to our clients.
The Underwriting Assistant is responsible for preliminary review of all lines of commercial business and effectively verifying that business is issued in accordance with the established underwriting guidelines. Submit appropriate referral risks and provide assistance to Underwriters.
- Preliminary review and limited approval of new business, renewals, inspections, mail and follow up for all lines of business.
- Provide underwriting assistance and support for our Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont agents.
- Work closely with one or more underwriters to assist with the underwriting functions for a block of agents.
- Incidental travel may be required <1% of the time.
- Quote and issue new business and process endorsements.
- Other duties as requested.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Proficiency in commercial lines such as BOP, Auto, Contractors, Garage and Dealers.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, including excel word and outlook.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.